Saints-giving



          With a new season approaching, many changes are taking place. For my fellow peers at the Tulane School of Medicine Pharmacology Program, November was spent studying for the renal and pulmonary module. SABAs, LABAs, and diuretics were some of the many new drugs that was added to our repertoire. A much-needed break came over Thanksgiving allowing for a recharge. Unfortunately, my dog had to go to the vet for some heart problems; however, it was so interesting to be able to apply my knowledge of heart pharmacology including recently learned diuretics in action. Seeing the drugs, we have learned about, being applied was so intriguing. My dog had a pulmonary edema and was treated with a loop diuretic. I was able to converse to the veterinarian about treating her with this drug.
In other local action, the saints played on Thanksgiving Day with a victory to follow. November was not only for feeling thankful, but also for making an impact on others. I chose to do this by volunteering with the Run for Hope looking for sponsors and creating Ads and a website. On Black Friday, I took initiative to go around asking for leftover cans to donate to the food bank. Over Thanksgiving break, I also volunteered my time with the covington lions club as well as helped someone moving in. My last three service hours will be volunteering at a school and being a “guest reader”. I look forward to this experience to represent Tulane once again in the community. Now, we head into the month of December for our last module of the semester. I look forward to beginning holiday month in New Orleans with hopes that the holiday cheer will inspire great success in this next module. Total Service hours: 12 hours.

Southern Pharm

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pharmacology Mambo

A Golden Month

Beginning with Beignets